December 21 marks the official beginning of winter, and although Miami’s sandy beaches might never see snow, there’s nothing like a festive cocktail to get you in the holiday spirit.
From punch bowls brimming with candy canes to pumpkin spice coquito, local bartenders are shaking up all of your favorite winter flavors. So grab your favorite shopping buddy and cozy up to one of these whimsical winter tipples. Because, really, all we want for Christmas is booze.
Courtesy of 222 Taco
1. 222 Taco. This month, 222 Taco is slinging the Mistletoe Margarita, a festive riff on the classic cocktail. The hefty, refreshing glass of tequila and lime juice is served with a rim of crushed candy canes and garnished with fresh mint and a mini candy cane ($12). 1624 79th Street Cswy., North Bay Village; 833-222-8226; 222ta.co.
Gintox to the left
Courtesy of Addikt
2. Addikt. Besides boasting stunning views and scrumptious bites, Addikt also serves killer cocktails. Ease your winter woes with the Gintox, an herbaceous drink made with gin, celery shrub, lime juice, ginger juice, and grapefruit juice and garnished with a sprig of rosemary ($14). 485 Brickell Ave., Miami; 305-503-0373; marriott.com.
Cinnamon Dolce Espresso Martini
Courtesy of Brimstone Woodfire Grill
3. Brimstone Woodfire Grill. The Doral location of Brimstone pours the Cinnamon Dolce Espresso Martini. Imagine a sweet coffee libation shaken with RumChata liqueur, Patrón XO, and crème de cacao and then sprinkled with ground cinnamon ($14). 8300 NW 36th St., Doral; 786-837-8960; brimstonedoral.com
Jack Frost Nipping at Your Nose
Courtesy of BRGR Stop Fort Lauderdale
4. BRGR Stop. The Fort Lauderdale burger joint is pouring hefty portions of nostalgia with its boozy holiday shakes. Opt for Jack Frost Nipping at Your Nose, a colossal bourbon-based milkshake overflowing with candied concoctions and topped with an adorable marshmallow snowman ($9.95). 1930 E. Sunrise Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-533-8621; brgrstop.com.
Partridge in a Pear Tree
Courtesy of Anthony Nader @52chefs
5. Miracle in Miami at Gramps. The backroom at Gramps has been transformed into Miracle in Miami, a winter wonderland outfitted with everything Christmas, including cocktails. Sip the season with the Partridge in a Pear Tree. The tart combination of tequila, mezcal, and pear is served in a highball glass printed with Santa in his sleigh ($14). 176 NW 24th St., Miami; 305-699-2669; miraclepopup.com.
Time After Time
Courtesy of Repour Bar
6. Repour Bar. Stranger Things fans, rejoice! Repour Bar’s winter menu, “Stranger Drinks,” is an ode to the beloved Netflix series. Spend the holidays in the Upside Down via the Time After Time — a ruby-red tipple that drinks like an elevated punch composed of Ziami rum, organic cranberry reduction, and beet juice. 1650 James Ave., Miami Beach; 305-913-1000; repourbar.com.
Courtesy of Sugar Factory
7. Sugar Factory. If Santa had a signature drink, it would undoubtedly be the Poinsettia Punch at Sugar Factory. The crimson cocktail is served in an outrageous goblet chock full of holiday confections and candy canes. It’s made for two and can be enjoyed for $29. 1144 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach; 305- 604-0323; sugarfactory.com.
Pumpkin Spice Coquito
Courtesy of the Corner
8. The Corner. Miami loves coquito. Get your fix with a comforting cup of pumpkin coquito at the Corner. The lofty riff on the Puerto Rican classic pairs date-infused Don Q rum shaken with house-made pumpkin orgeat, evaporated milk, and a dash of nutmeg ($12). 1035 N. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-961-7887; thecornermiami.com.