In 2018, Miami’s restaurant scene continues to mature with a host of interesting eateries making their way to the magic city including ones by Thomas Keller and Brad Kilgore. Find New Times’ nest restaurants of 2018 here.
December closed out the year with a host of interesting eateries including Brad Kilgore’s Design District lounge, Kaido, and La Placita featuring Jose Mendin’s food and cocktails by the Cocktail Cartel.
Sadly, the Little River outpost of Cheeseburger Baby closed at the end of the month.
In 2019, we look forward to Ember by Brad Kilgore, rooftop lounge Astra, Indian fare from Maska, and more.
La Placita’s mural has caused controversy before the restaurant has even opened.
Photo by Natascha Otero Santiago
- Bakan. 2801 NE 2 Ave., Miami; 786-542-9139; bakanwynwood.com.
- Beat Culture Brewery. 7250 NW 11th St., Miami; 786-431-5413; beatculture.com.
- Cake Thai inside 1-800-Lucky. 143 NW 23rd St., Miami; 305-768-9826; 1-800-lucky.com.
- Copper Blues Rock Pub & Kitchen. 3450 NW 83rd Ave., #224, Doral; 305-842-2250; copperblueslive.com.
- Growler USA. 337 NW 25th St., Miami; 305-960-7862; growlerusa.com.
- Kaido. 151 NE 41 St., #217, Miami; 786-409-5591; kaidomiami.com.
- La Plaicita. 151 NE 41 St., #217, Miami; 786-409-5591.
- Morning Glory Organic Coffee. 2895 McFarlane Rd. Miami, 305-414-0330; thevshops.com
- Pez. 20 West Flagler Street, Miami; 305-570-3440; pezmiami.com
- Root & Bone. 5958 S. Dixie Hwy., Miami; 786-785-1001; rootnbone.com.
- Wasabi Juan’s. 900 West Ave., Miami Beach; wasabijuan.com.
Courtesy of Cheeseburger Baby
- Cheeseburger Baby Little River
Astra in Wynwood.
Photo by Sami Aponte
- Abi Maria – cocktail lounge opening at Downtown Dadeland
- Ad Lib – Jamie DeRosa and Hedy Goldsmith to collab on an eatery
- Angelo Elia Pizza Bar – opening at Aventura ParkSquare
- Astra – Gorgeous rooftop lounge opening in Wynwood
- Atlas Meat-Free Deli – opening a permanent shop in Little River
- Axe Throwing Society – opening soon
- Azucar – opening near FIU and expanding to Texas
- Biscayne Bay Brewing – opening a second location in downtown Miami
- Bonci – Roman-style pizza to open at Cube Wynwood
- Bikini Barista – coming to midtown Miami
- Cake Thai – opening at the Citadel in Little River
- Chops + Hops – ax throwing and beer bar coming to Fort Lauderdale
- The Citadel – Little River Food Hall
- Descarga Brewing Company – opening in North Miami
- Dunkanoo Kitchen – Opening in Wynwood
- El Camino – Opening in Fort Lauderdale and Miami
- El Club – Opening in the Design District
- Elia Gourmet Market – opening in Wynwood
- Ember – Brad Kilgore to open at Paradise Plaza in the Design District
- Erba – Niven Patel opening an Italian concept
- Firehouse Mrkt – food hall opening soon
- Firestone on South Beach – David Grutman turning space into food and retail spaces
- Gramps by the Sea – opening soon
- Gravity Brewlab – opening in Wynwood
- Genuine Pizzeria – Michael Schwartz expanding with several locations
- Happy Place Donuts – opening a second location on Ocean Drive
- iLov305 – Pitbull opening a restaurant on Ocean Drive
- Icebox Cafe – opening at Aventura ParkSquare, the Falls, and Hallandale
- International Smoke – Michael Mina and Ayesha Curry opening restaurant at Aventura Mall
- La Trova – Julio Cabrero and Michelle Bernstein reunite
- La Ventanita Cuban Coffee – opening late 2018
- Latin House Grill – opening near FIU
- Leslie – opening in Little Havana
- Lincoln Eatery Food Hall – opening in South Beach
- Local ‘Q – barbecue concept by the owners of Local
- Lost City Brewing Company – coming to North Miami
- Marabu at Brickell City Centre – opening early 2019
- Maska – Midtown Indian fare by a Michelin-starred chef.
- Mediterranean Kitchen – opening in Aventura
- Monger – the Voltaggios opening a restaurant in downtown Miami
- Ms. Cheezious – planning expansion
- Myumi at the Citadel in Little River
- North Italia – opening in Mary Brickell Village
- Oris Sushi – opening at Dadeland Mall
- Osaka – Nikkei restaurant coming to Miami.
- Parcela – Opening soon
- Pincho Factory – opening several locations
- Pink Pie – Opening Fall 2018
- Pink Rock Sea Pacific Eatery – opening on Española Way
- Poke 305 – expanding to Miami Beach and Coconut Grove
- Punch Bowl Social – Opening in Wynwood
- Rasta Village – coming to Little Haiti
- Raw Juce – opening in Brickell
- Real Madrid Cafe – opening in downtown Miami
- Revolution in Bloom – vegan and vegetarian cuisine
- Salty Donut – opening a location in South Miami
- Sergio’s – expanding its fast-casual concepts
- Seawell Fish & Oyster – opening at Kimpton Angler’s Hotel
- Sistrunk Market & Brewery – opening in Fort Lauderdale
- South Beach Brewing Company – first SoBe brewery coming with beer cocktails
- Spanglish – Opening in Wynwood
- Starbucks – Opening in Midtown Miami
- Time Out Market – food hall opening in South Beach
- Toasted Bagels – coming to Coral Gables
- Tobacco Road – the new and improved Road opening soon
- Trader Joe’s – coming to South Beach
- Tropical Barbecue – Kris Wessel returns with Little Haiti barbecue place
- Tutto Il Giorno – authentic Italian fare coming soon
- Unbranded Brewing Company – Hialeah’s first brewery
- Unseen Creatures – brewery opening soon
- Wawa – opening several locations in Miami-Dade
- Which Wich – opening several locations in Miami
- Whole Foods Market – proposed megastore in Sunset Harbour and new Fort Lauderdale locations