This is the time when Miami heats up. Tourists flock to our beaches and Art Basel attracts an internationally diverse crowd in town for art and parties.
Traditionally, it’s a good time for restaurants to open their doors in anticipation for the season. The most notable November openings belong to Swan and Bar Bevy — both sharing a building in the Design District. A collaboration between nightlife honcho-turned-restaurateur David Grutman and musician/producer Pharrell Williams, Swan is a sophisticated eatery decked out in rose-colored hues, while Bar Bevy is a lush drinking den that calls to mind a night in North Africa.
Other notable openings include Miami Beach’s first cat café and Miami’s first Miracle holiday-themed, pop-up bar. Both Cleo and Mason have reopened.
Photo by Lena Mobin
- Boombox. 3456 N. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-814-4548; boomboxmiami.com.
- The Cat Café South Beach. 1423 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; catcafesobe.com.
- Christmas on 10th Street. Holiday pop-up at Fado. 900 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 786-924–0972; christmason10th.com.
- Cleo. 1776 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-534-2536.
- Cvltvra. 1100 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-808-3507; cvltura.com.
- Gringo’s Oyster Bar. 1549 Sunset Dr., Coral Gables; gringosoysterbar.com.
- House of Per’la. 2626 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables; 786-703-9183; drinkperla.com.
- Mason Eatery. 3470 N. Miami Ave., Miami; 786-618-5150; masoneatery.com.
- Miracle in Miami at Gramps. 176 NW 24th St., Miami, 786-752-6693; miraclepopup.com.
- Ooh Raw! 50 NW 23rd St., Ste. 108, Miami; 786-238-7700; oohraw.com.
- Parliament Espresso & Coffee Bar at Brightline. 604 NW First St., Miami; 305-521-4800; gobrightline.com/miami.
- Selina Brawlers. 2819 NW Second Ave., Miami; 954-258-4646.
- The Seafood Bar & Market. 105 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-392-1070.
- Swan and Bar Bevy. 90 NE 39th St., Miami; swanbevymiami.com.
- Tripping Animals Brewing. 2685 NW 105th Ave., Doral; trippinganimals.com.
Courtesy of Employees Only
- Employees Only
Courtesy of the Salty Donut
- Abi Maria – cocktail lounge opening at Downtown Dadeland
- Angelo Elia Pizza Bar – opening at Aventura ParkSquare
- Atlas Meat-Free Deli – opening a permanent shop in Little River
- Axe Throwing Society – opening soon
- Azucar – opening near FIU and expanding to Texas
- Beat Culture Brewery – opening soon
- Biscayne Bay Brewing – opening a second location in downtown Miami
- Bonci – Roman-style pizza to open at Cube Wynwood
- Bikini Barista – coming to midtown Miami
- Cake Thai – opening at the Citadel in Little River
- Chops + Hops – ax throwing and beer bar coming to Fort Lauderdale
- The Citadel – Little River Food Hall
- Descarga Brewing Company – opening in North Miami
- Dunkanoo Kitchen – Opening in Wynwood
- El Camino – Opening in Fort Lauderdale and Miami
- El Club – Opening in the Design District
- Elia Gourmet Market – opening in Wynwood
- Ember – Brad Kilgore to open at Paradise Plaza in the Design District
- Erba – Niven Patel opening an Italian concept
- Firehouse Mrkt – food hall opening soon
- Firestone on South Beach – David Grutman turning space into food and retail spaces
- Gramps by the Sea – opening soon
- Gravity Brewlab – opening in Wynwood
- Genuine Pizzeria – Michael Schwartz expanding with several locations
- Happy Place Donuts – opening a second location on Ocean Drive
- iLov305 – Pitbull opening a restaurant on Ocean Drive
- Icebox Cafe – opening at Aventura ParkSquare, the Falls, and Hallandale
- International Smoke – Michael Mina and Ayesha Curry opening restaurant at Aventura Mall
- Kaido – Brad Kilgore opening at Paradise Plaza in the Design District
- La Plaicita – Jose Mendin and partners to open a Puerto Rican concept on Biscayne Boulevard
- La Trova – Julio Cabrero and Michelle Bernstein reunite
- La Ventanita Cuban Coffee – opening late 2018
- Latin House Grill – opening near FIU
- Leslie – opening in Little Havana
- Lincoln Eatery Food Hall – opening in South Beach
- Local ‘Q – barbecue concept by the owners of Local
- Lost City Brewing Company – coming to North Miami
- Marabu at Brickell City Centre – opening early 2019
- Mediterranean Kitchen – opening in Aventura
- Monger – the Voltaggios opening a restaurant in downtown Miami
- Morning Glory Organic Coffee – All-vegan coffee shop opening in Coconut Grove
- Ms. Cheezious – planning expansion
- Myumi at the Citadel in Little River
- North Italia – opening in Mary Brickell Village
- Oris Sushi – opening at Dadeland Mall
- Pez – Opening soon
- Pincho Factory – opening several locations
- Pink Pie – Opening Fall 2018
- Pink Rock Sea Pacific Eatery – opening on Española Way
- Poke 305 – expanding to Miami Beach and Coconut Grove
- Rasta Village – coming to Little Haiti
- Raw Juce – opening in Brickell
- Real Madrid Cafe – opening in downtown Miami
- Revolution in Bloom – vegan and vegetarian cuisine
- Root & Bone – Opening in South Miami.
- Salty Donut – opening a location in South Miami
- Sergio’s – expanding its fast-casual concepts
- Seawell Fish & Oyster – opening at Kimpton Angler’s Hotel
- Sistrunk Market & Brewery – opening in Fort Lauderdale
- South Beach Brewing Company – first SoBe brewery coming with beer cocktails
- Time Out Market – food hall opening in South Beach
- Toasted Bagels – coming to Coral Gables
- Tobacco Road – the new and improved Road opening soon
- Trader Joe’s – coming to South Beach
- Tropical Barbecue – Kris Wessel returns with Little Haiti barbecue place
- Tutto Il Giorno – authentic Italian fare coming soon
- Unbranded Brewing Company – Hialeah’s first brewery
- Unseen Creatures – brewery opening soon
- Wasabi Juan’s – Opening in South Beach.
- Wawa – opening several locations in Miami-Dade
- Which Wich – opening several locations in Miami
- Whole Foods Market – proposed megastore in Sunset Harbour and new Fort Lauderdale locations
Photo courtesy of Max Santiago
In the Works
- Max Santiago plans to open a breakfast doughnut cafe called Mad Max Doughnuts.
- Chef Alex Stupak is shopping for a Miami location for a taco restaurant.
- Joël Robuchon is opening eateries in the Design District.
- Arjun Waney, a partner in Zuma and Coya, plans to open a French restaurant in Brickell.
- Jose Garces is rumored to be opening a Miami restaurant.
- Michael Schwartz is opening a restaurant at the COMO in South Beach.
- Alfredo Patino plans to open a French concept on NE 79th Street.
- Embarek Alibay will open a café adjacent to his La Parisienne Bakery at 1909 NE 154th St., North Miami Beach.
- MasterChef judge Henrique Fogaça is looking for space in Miami.